The following are examples of foods that are toxic to dogs:
- Chocolate- contains a toxin called theobromine which affects the heart and can result in death.
- Onion- contains a compound called thiosulphate which can result in anaemia and death.
- Grapes + Raisins – unknown toxin can result in kidney failure and death.
- Macadamia nuts
- Potato peelings
- Pips and Kernels
- Broccoli in large amounts
- Corn cobs and Stone fruits- These are a common source of intestinal obstructions requiring surgical correction.
Chocolate toxicity calculator: